Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Little PR with Jojoagogo

Got to enjoy a little Project Runway last week with faithful QB reader Jojoagogo. Over a few glasses of wine, couple bottles of beer, amidst the drama of sewing machine sabotage and patriotic fervor I forgot to ask her about that name. Is she a huge Wham! fan? Does she wish instead of lawyer, mother and wife she was Bubbles down at Girls! Girls! Girls!? Jojoagogo- inquiring minds WANT to know- what’s with the name? Back to PR, Episode 4 and random thoughts from Rings of Glory...

I don’t know what annoys me most about Blayne- the tanning addiction or the hoodies obsession; right now it’s a close tie. I wish he would just go the F away. Can’t decide if Kenley’s switch to a huge flower in her hair instead of feathers is an improvement. Her friggin’ headpieces are like a birds vs. bees fight. Field Trip!! As soon as they enter Armory Track & Field place I know there’s some kind of Olympic challenge coming up. Call me psychic if you will, but it isn’t that hard to stay one step ahead of the PR producers sometimes. The gym is empty save for an in-line skater who happens to be none other than… huh? Who is that guy? Next to me Jojoagogo is practically peeing her pants (thank god it’s a leather couch)- “Apolo ! It’s Apolo Ohno!” Damn. I thought it was Marc Andre Fleury from the Penguins but apparently its his look-a-like Olympic gold medalist Apolo with this week’s challenge! Design an outfit that a Team USA athlete would be proud to wear at opening ceremonies which of course, just happen to be on Friday. (With Jojoagogo as my witness, I totally called this challenge as soon as Tim introduced Apolo). HUGE budget on this one- $130. And off we go to Mood.

Back to the work room… looks like Kenley and Daniel have one of those work-room crushes going on- all sibling giggles and teasing (and then POW: sibling rivalry as later Kenley convinces Daniel to lose the bolero that may have saved him here.) Stella not only has these huge vicious spikes coming out of her clothes today but she, naturally, has bought black for her outfit. I believe one of her comments was she wanted Team USA to look ‘bad ass’. On Chinese soil, I’m not sure that’s a good thing. Blayne goes with the whole literal one-shouldered toga imagery but his outfit looks like a prototype for the 2008 Beijing Olympic Barbie! Includes triple layer pollution mask! And button that says “Mr. President- I’m waiting for my butt smack!”… I digress.. But apparently Blayne is so tanning desperate he’s seeing everything in cold, stark white these days hence the domination of the color in his outfit.

Terri- come on girl, I picked you again for my team but I’m worried about the bustier thing- there aren’t too many female Olympic athletes out there with the bosoms to hold one of those things up- and muscle doesn’t sag so they definitely don’t need any push-up help. (But she does pull it off- not enough to rack up any points for me, though.)

Joe with the zippers- very witty; I like Joe, he’s a dark horse AND he finally gets me some points by fighting with another designer and accusing one of messing with his machine. Woo-hoo! Jerrell- I am dropping you from my team next week. Your Olympic outfit scared me man; and between your weird little Peter Pan hat and the Little Bo Peep look of your model the two of you looked like you got lost looking for the cafeteria on the Warner Brothers lot.

I have renamed Jennifer “Dorothy” because she needs to go back to Kansas. She says how in high school she was a ‘dancer and a gymnast and a cheerleader’ and that’s exactly what happens when there are only 80 people in your high school. I’m sorry, but this girl is just so out of her league here that Tim used both these words to describe her outfit ‘matronly’ and ‘junior’- can’t we please do her a favor and send her home? Huge sigh of relief… they do. And as she is taking her last walk off the runway, Jojo notices she is wearing red pumps. Goodbye Dorothy.

Some of my favorite comments (I’ll attribute them if I can remember which inane person uttered them): ‘Uniforms make everyone look generic’ … duh, I think that’s the point. Jarrell calls Blaine ‘Tanorexic’ Here’s another one from me ‘blayneanoma’, Tim just can’t get his mouth around ‘cha’ in ‘holla at cha boy’ and persists in saying ‘cher’; Heidi actually says ‘idears’, I think its when she’s wearing the chain mail… When Michael Kors during judging uses finger quotations around the word ‘athletic’ and Kelli says her outfit is ‘not 100% relevant to the Olympics’ I want to remind them both that this was an OLYMPICS challenge. Jeezus.

So Korto wins, of course I took her off my team this week. I think she’s going to be strong. Love Terri’s jeans and black top, wish I could see Daniel after the show kicking Kelly’s ass for making him lose the bolero and…. See you after Episode 5!

No comments: