Friday, October 17, 2008

T.F.G.I.F

Which means it's one day closer to....



Can we take a minute to discuss the fabulousness that is this video? We'll skip over the fact that it's completely out of sync, which really only adds to its charm. Check out that amazing lighting, that tricky choreographed dance move (up two three four, back two three four), those incredible pants -- are they man-pri's or gauchos (man-chos?) -- the striped socks on the drummer, which if I'm not mistaken he has paired with a plaid shirt and suspenders, the hair, the tight satin shirt on the lead singer. It's a cornucopia of cheesy 70's goodness. No need to thank me, just enjoy.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

It wasn't that long ago that I figured out the Bay City Rollers were Scots and not from San Francisco. The accent I glossed right over, the name fooled me. I'm not that sharp a guy, it seems.

KQ said...

Well if it makes you feel any better, prior to reading your comment mere moments ago, I:
a) never noticed an accent (will go back right now and watch it for the 6th time cause that video makes me so damn happy)
b)totally thought it was a California reference as well, and
c)never really cared enough to investigate.

So thank you for enlightening me, Whit. Go get yourself some gauchos. You've earned it.

rob said...

in confess with some trepidation that this was my favorite song when i was 8 years old.