Friday, June 13, 2008

Captain Hotpants



Dear Ian,

Sigh. What the hell is happening? You've blown up like Veruca Salt. You've got your outfit together today, I'll give you that, but you make it hard to keep loving you. The pants help. Those are fantastic. And the shoes! Love the shoes. So what if Chris Berman just called you "Rod Stewart" - what the hell does he know? Have you seen his ties?

So listen, pull your head out of your pink plaid pants and get it into the game. I know you can do it. Get it together so we can have the pleasure of seeing whatever amazing lime green polka-dot, white belt, orange saddle shoe, yellow golf bag concoction you come up with for the weekend.
Thanks so much pumpkin.
Love,
KQ
EDIT: In the time since I wrote this little love letter to Capt. Hotpants (Oh captain, my captain...) the wheels have completely come off and I'm pretty damn sure he's done at the Open.

2 comments:

Shlara said...

Today's Open observations:

1. check out villegas's pants today....interesting color choice.

2. nbc is simply not showing enough of adam scott. i don't care if he's playing poorly. he's hot, we need to see him a lot. and "adam cam" would be good.

3. ed burns is the v.o. for a golf commercial. i love him too. adam and ed in the same broadcast...it just might be too much for me to handle.

Flyboy said...

I can't believe no one has commented on Mediate's garb yesterday. Peace sign belt buckle, really high pants, solid black attire. I didn't know if he was a professional golfer or a Johnny Cash wanna be. Of course when he took Tiger to the mat I decided he was just an oddly dressed golfer and not a dead country music star impersonator.