Saturday, July 12, 2008

IT HURTS! IT HURTS! (Wait, I Kinda Like It!)


Okay, I need some help here from QB readers. So our 17" computer monitor died, went to Best Buy, bought a new one. New one is 19" and I would describe it as more of a wide-screen.


While perusing the latest well-played list at Go Fug Yourself today I realized this new monitor must be totally hi-def! I'm seeing things I never saw before! Like how Mischa Barton seems to be fighting a little battle of the bulge! Maggie Gyllenhaal's eyes are too far apart! Alicia Keys has two mile wide hips! Pamela Sue is starting to look a bit stumpy and dumpy! "They're MORTAL !!" I cried, "HUMANOIDS ALL!! "


Then I took a closer look and realized everybody was looking a little squished like when you change your TV settings to Zoom 2 and it kind of stretches everyone out.. or like a fun house mirror. So, I'm wondering if I need to change some settings on my computer in order to adapt internet images to the new 19" wide screen. Any geeks out there who can back that up or talk me through it?
Or should I just leave it and actually feel 'Okay' about my cankles for awhile?


No comments: