Tuesday, July 1, 2008


This is exactly the reason I have to take periodic breaks from the blog:


Here I am, finished work and work-out, sitting down at the trusty HP to balance the old bank account before hitting the liquor store. (Just kidding, but we are out of Bombay.) And I just happen to see some recent comments sitting in my inbox, which then leads me to a comment or two of my own, which then leads to me remember something I wanted to post but keep forgetting INSTEAD of managing all those debits and the few credits that manage to roll in.


The big black hole known as BRAVO sucked me right in again last week... I'm not even sure why I was in front of the TV Wednesday at 10pm- Top Chef is over, even the reunion, and I knew PR wasn't starting for another two weeks but there I was and here came Jaclyn and Rene (would somebody please get me this guy's background so I can figure out WTF that accent is? Is it made up? And Kim Vo... that is a guy right?) and the new season of Hairy Scary.. I mean Shear Genius. It is pretty hard for me to get interested in this one but what else are we to do until July 16? So I watched. And after 60 minutes I had to agree with Oshun- it was 'bullshit, man!'


Let's start with the first challenge. PUHleez, cutting hair BLINDFOLDED? Why would you ever want to do that? Did they have to hit up a methadone clinic to find women hard up for cash who would sit there and let someone do that? Why would you NEED to cut a clients hair IN THE DARK??? "Omigosh, Cindi Lou, the power just went out! It's pitch black! Don't worry, I can do this with my eyes closed!" Who would not trip over their stilettos getting out of that salon??


But then comes this incredibly well designed elimination challenge- take a female cartoon character's iconic hair and translate into a modern interpretation. I'm sorry... Marge Simpson? Lucy from Peanuts? GEM for godsakes?? This sounded ludicrous, played out just dam crazy and looked like hell. Oh, and the little pan who thinks he is Christian from PR hasn't read Queen Beaches or he would know that boy has officially jumped the shark. (Although describing this show as a hot tranny mess is more than apropo.)


I have vowed not to waste any more time on this show and, in fact, have made alternate plans for tomorrow evening. Sorry, Charlie.


Now, what's my balance?

1 comment:

Monika said...

Glad to see you're back, Jamie, and, no, no regrets. Why would you? Apologize for having a life? For it being SUMMER??? It's summer - different rules - we're ALL tourons!!!!! And, yes, I agree wwith everything regarding...Marge Simpson?????????Yea, I'm going to Complements tomorrow and requesting the Marge...