Wednesday, February 27, 2008

a REAL pain in the A$$

Okay, I was just getting some IRONING done (capped because that word is going to be very important in a minute), watching Project Runway reruns and just trying to busy myself while eagerly anticipating tonight’s last-episode-before-the-finale PR. Suddenly some promos for other Bravo shows comes on , and one IN particular reminds me of a pet peeve I’ve got to get off my chest. Real Housewives. REAL? HOUSE? WIVES? Are you kiddin’ me? I’ve been a housewife, know plenty of housewives, was raised by ‘em, drink with ‘em, love ‘em. MY housewives. My REAL housewives. Just as there is almost no part of their bodies which can still be considered ‘original’ neither is there anything about them fitting their moniker. Come on…. Have you ever seen Lauri at a PTA meeting?? Jeana in the grocery store juggling a toddler and a cell phone? Cooking (other than in their incredible custom-masonry outdoor kitchens)? PIcking up trash with Adopt-A-Highway Coto? Where are the soccer games they have to leave halfway through to get to the piano lessons? Where are the bumper stickers ‘Mom’s Taxi’? And… da-dah!… can you even picture Vicki ironing?? What a ruse the spin-off RH of NYC is going to be. Money says they A- don’t ride the subway; B- have never shopped for an entire week of groceries at one time and C-have never sent jellybeans and Pringles in for preschool snack saying ‘Beans! Potatoes! Veggies!’ Now go hug your favorite housewife and let her know how REAL and REALLY cool she is.

1 comment:

jojoagogo said...

Amen to that!But I still can't pull myself away....what ever will happen to Colby? And will Quinn ever settle down with a man older than 30...I WANT TO KNOW!
I can't recall what tv I ever watched before my sister tuned me into the BRAVO channel. Millionaire Matchmaker, Supermodel, Top Chef, I love them all....except Workout. UGH....Enough already with the lesbian Arnold wannabes. Anyway, keep up the good work, you "real" NC housewives. And yes, your ass does look fat in this blog!