Wednesday, March 5, 2008

If this is in, then I must be out

In honor of tonight's final episode **sniff** of Project Runway, I thought a fashion related post was in order. Now, I work in fashion, I love clothes, and appreciate the artistic vision and craftsmanship that go into couture pieces. Sometimes, I can even find it in my cold cynical heart to appreciate a style that the industry might describe as "fashion forward" or "edgy" yet to me looks "ugly." Occasionally, my instincts are correct (I will NEVER endorse high waisted, denim shorts, do you hear me Mischa Barton?), and sometimes I'm the lone naysayer (still don't get Vera Bradley bags. or Tom Cruise). But when this little number crossed my desk this morning, I felt pretty confident filing it in the HELL no department:

First of all, what is going on with that eye makeup? Was that intentional? Smokey eye gone a wee bit too far? Maybe she just hasn't made it home from last night. I mean, she's got that walk of shame look (and last night's makeup) all over her face, so perhaps she's climbed that tree to look for a taxi home. or her dignity. or her pants. Or maybe those studded bat wings she's sporting serve multiple purposes and she can acutally just wait for a stiff breeze and float home. I hope so, because I have no idea where she'd keep her cab fare.

No comments: