Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Voting... with Flair!

So we were over at Ken & Claiborne's the other night supposedly 'having dinner' but really just using a great meal as an excuse to drink a few too many bottles of wine after which they decided to initiate my husband and I into the wonders of wii, which is a WHOLE nother blog... anyway, I was once again beating the dead horse that is the reality of having calves too big to fit into cool high boots (of which Clai was sporting an awesome pair) when the subject of 'cankles' came up. Seeing as how the soleus challenged blog obviously hit a nerve (judging by the oodles of comments) I thought I'd throw out this lower leg condition as well. You know what it is, a cankle! Not all calf, not all ankle- two body parts that just seem to merge into one bologna like limb. I'm going to rely on our fitness expert, KQ, to provide exercise suggestions for anyone out there suffering from this fate.
Now I'm going to move on to the fact that if we do elect our first female president in November it will make many many American citizens feel better about their disability because, you heard it here first, I think Hillary has cankles. Have you ever seen the woman's legs? I can't find a recent picture anywhere showing a lower leg even in pantyhose! Which brings me to another big concern of the 08 election results- if Hillary is elected, will pantsuits become fashionable again? Maybe because I'm short, I just say NO to pantsuits. But people, I'm worried. That con is somewhat offset by the fact that Bill would be a lot of fun to watch again. Is it just me, or does he get better looking- in an older Kennedy kind of way- with age? I don't want a bunch of political discourse comments, people! I'm just saying that if I had a choice between either Billy boy or Michelle Obama (who's going to get red hot with the help of a stylist) or Cindy McCain to look at for the next four years- I am so not going with a woman who looks like she's auditioned for (and nailed) a role on BravoTV's upcoming Real Housewives of Pheonix/DC. Look at her people! She's got Botox written all over that face. The eyebrows don't move... the cheeks don't move, the lips appear barely moveable. So this year, in a historical, more important than ever political contest, I say- get your vogue on when you vote! Now, let's hear from Katherine about some of those cankle-preventing exercises....
PS: DON'T FORGET THE FUG OR FAB PARTY NEXT FRIDAY NIGHT!! APRIL 4!! 7 - 9:30pm- at Ally & Maddy's in Duck!!

1 comment:

thebeachisback said...

Has anyone else seen the bee hive hair and red suits ala Nancy Reagan on Cindy McCain? That scares me more than cankles and pantsuits.

Thanks for the props on the boots!