Sunday, March 2, 2008

On The Town


Nothing like a good party to break up the winter doldrums! Went to a ‘Winter Blues’ party last night with band, open bar, the works and the best part was the invite said ‘Wear Your Blue Jeans’- woo-hoo! That’s what I‘m talkin about! Everybody was rockin their jeans- next time I’ll remember a camera so I can shoot favorites to post here. I myself was wearing James Jeans Dry Aged Denim from Ally & Maddy (just started a Bravo product placement correspondence course) and the cheapest top in the place which was a fawn colored suede halter top thingy I pulled out of a Barr-ee tent sale years ago. It was maybe ten bucks. Unfortunately, my husband didn't get the memo about the jeans and, unbeknownst to me, is down to two pairs too ragged out to go anywhere. So he sported his dog-embroidered J. Crew khakis, telling everyone ‘the dog ate my jeans’. Which is totally believable and once I start breaking out my dog stories, you’ll understand. So found out a couple things last night- A: apparently we so inspired our friend Patty to start watching PR that even her husband is now hooked. We had some good convo about the upcoming finale (which we’ll be live blogging) B: this event was at the Aquarium on Roanoke Island; VERY cool venue but I seemed to be the only one concerned about the potential for alcoholic drink spillage in the sting ray tank. C: Bart- love the new look! As Paris would say ‘it’s hot!‘. D: People are actually READING this blog!! Thank you, thank you to everyone who commented on Queen Beaches last night, and Lorena, Charlena and Claiborne- thanks for some good blog ideas. (Katherine, continue with your retail retirement plans.)

And to all the fabulous OBX socialites out and workin' it last night- it’s good to see fashion is alive and well on the Outer Banks! (a big Merci BeauCoup to all the awesome host couples for putting on such a fab soiree; double merci to Grant & Elizabeth for the invite!)

No comments: