Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New York, New York



First, apologies for the unannounced disappearance. If you’ve been speculating that after only two weeks of international infamy (we have a reader in Germany), this Queen Beach had already landed in rehab, I must report that, as much fun as that lightning quick downward spiral ending in a spa cum rehab resort looks, this particular rumor is, unfortunately, untrue. No, fair knights and ladies, this goodly Queen has just spent five days in…. NEW. YAWK. CITY. the HOLY land and MECCA of ALL that is right in the world (or at least in the eyes of Elle, Vogue and InStyle). the BIG Apple. EMPIRE State. Home of the GIANTS… the YANKEES and… SPITZER! Delicious, potential blog material was espied at every step; here's just a sampling of what I'll be serving up this week- Lament for the Soleus Challenged in 7 Minor… Kimora Lee Simmons Just Won’t Go Away… Bagmen and Baubles and Shades- Oh My!- Dorothy discovers the Yellow Brick Road. Um, I mean Canal Street…. Suburban Retrofit by Urban Outfitters… I Want My Carlton Banks (Just not in Canary Yellow)… Sidewalk Showdown: Fur Vs. Feathers… and Katherine Is Right: It IS All About the Accessories.
(I’ve also been asked for a final word on PR which I’ll try to get to although with Top Chef: Chicago starting tonight Tom & Padma have just become Priority Numero Uno. In fact, I have made my 13 year old pinky swear he‘ll share his new brown Top Chef t-shirt we found at the NBC store. For some odd reason he wasn’t enticed by the one featuring a black and white photo of last season’s winner with the caption ‘Top Hung‘. But like I said, he‘s only 13.)
Photo credit: Sarah Reed Shotton

No comments: