Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Beach is Back

Greetings, yo. I've just returned from a whirlwind tour of NYC and Annapolis, MD. I had big plans to blog my way through my adventures, but I was never able to get internet access, or much sleep for that matter. I am glad to see JMe was able to keep things truly rolling in my absence. Seriously. BIG shout out for the beaver. (If I had a dollar....) It's good to know that we've firmly entrenched ourselves in the gutter. Ah...there's no place like home.


So after yesterday's 'mental health day' (aka sleeping until 10:30), I'm back on track wasting copious amounts of time "researching" for the blog. And lookey here at what I found:


Sweet Caroline he's touring again! Neil Diamond has announced a summer concert tour to support the release of his new album.

As for the album - "Home Before Dark," due out May 6 - Diamond said: "This
record represents a giant step in my evolution as a writer and a recording
artist ... you will see I've gone deeper. It was more painful to write this -
maybe the most difficult album I've ever written, and maybe my best."


What??? Better than 'Heartlight?' 'Love on the Rocks?' 'Forever in Blue Jeans?' Hardly possible, I say. And according to the Diamond himself, the concert will be one for the ages:

Diamond said fans will be wowed by the show, which includes what he calls "technical wizardry ... we can do things on this stage that we've never dreamed were possible."

Technical wizardry, indeed. Neil, you know we already think of you as a musical and lyrical wizard. Witness:
Drop your shrink and stop your drinkin'
Crunchy granola's neat
Sing it out
Alright
Da da da da
Da da da da da
Dee dee dee do
Deedle-ee dum dum
I'll have a double, please

I'm not sure I can handle much more wizardry, but I'm a Believer. And now that I know he's out pimping a new album, 5 bucks says he shows up on American Idol this season.

No comments: