Saturday, May 3, 2008

Beaver Shots

It's amazing how pervasive beavers are... seems you're running into one any which way you turn. Which is why it was so ironic when- in the midst of a discussion about what kinds and types of beavers he prefers- Chris and I ran right into some at Jamestown Settlement. Now, I ask you, why is it the female gender which is always accused of having only one criteria on which they judge males? As you can plainly see by this picture, it is just as important to men. Witness my poor perplexed husband as he tries to decide between the big beaver.... or the little beaver.
PS (No, the t-shirt was not a planned prop.)



3 comments:

Flyboy said...

Big or little? Hmmmm.....I do think there is more to this picture than initially meets the eye. This could be a really important life lesson titled "The tale of two beavers" If you will notice the beaver in his right hand looks smaller, softer and even happier. The one in his left hand looks bigger, angry and coarse. The lesson is pretty clear. There is no creedence to the saying "Once you've seen one beaver you've seen them all." Thanks for such an impactful picture. I think we've all learned something here today. I know I did.

Jamie Layton said...

oh, flyboy, one of our favorite commentators but- am starting to think we are just a little bit rodent obsessed... nothing to be ashamed of, of course, but still... food for thought...

KQ said...

I particularly like the despondant expression on the lady in the background. I know what she's thinking: "Damn...how does that woman do it? I can't even get my husband to handle ONE beaver!"