Thursday, May 22, 2008

Therapy RULES!

A really good therapy session can leave you exhausted, drained, emotional, a little unsure of things said, done and felt, but ultimately relaxed, happy and ready to go deeper. Throw in some fabulous new purchases and a pair of Alice Cooper's pants and well...you've got my Tuesday night.

Perhaps I should explain...

Retail Therapy was, as we like to say, the shizzle. Even with the drizzle. (Okay so mabye it was more like torrential downpours, but it's amazing how you don't pay attention to that while cruising down the road in a fat (or is that phat?) limo. "Wow the sky is SCARY black. Is that a twister? Pass the Korbel! Woo Hoo!!") Big shout out to Eddie & Ben from Outer Banks Limo, and Limo Mike from High Life limo in Virginia for the sweet rides. We started with yummy apps from Meridian 42 at Diva's Day Spa & Savvy Home, where I was somehow able to convince myself I HAD to have that fuzzy rocker I've had my eye on for a year now. Got myself a great new nightgown & some yummy body powder at Luxury, a cute bag and fun treats at Plum Crazy (have to go back and get some butterflies), watched everyone buy the dresses I was going to get at ally&maddy (damn you Steph!) and then topped off the evening with an incredible dinner at Coastal Provisions Market. Scott, Dan, Nina & crew outdid themselves with great food, great wine, & great service. Our fabulous sponsors from the Hawkins Team (Whit - my hangover and I thank you for the champagne) and Diamonds and Dunes (Eileen - I would post our quote of the night but I'm not sure I can) were on hand for the hi-jinks.

It was a terrific opportunity to make some new friends, spend time with old friends and raise money for a good cause. A great time was had by all and I'm so appreciative for all the hard work that Stephanie, Keely, Brandy, Kat & Megan put into making it such a fantastic night! As soon as someone is kind enough to send me some pictures I'll be sure to post them. (Note to Steph, Whit & Jeanel -- my photoshop skills are good enough now that I can add the 'Glamour Don't' black bar, so don't worry, I've got you covered.)

Oh yeah, so you're probably wondering about the pants. In our determination to make the evening as charitable as possible, we sauntered on down to the Brew Station for the shin-dig they were hosting to raise money for a local family dealing with cancer. It was a lot of fun -- raised thousands for a very worthwhile cause, and great local bands were rockin' the house. Well, we thought we'd head up to the silent auction "just to check it out" and wouldn't you know there were a pair of pants autographed by the one and only Alice Cooper. With the current bid at what I thought was a BARGAIN, and a healthy glow from a few too many cham-pipples, I put pen to paper and raised that bid! "Hey! It's for charity! So you're broke (I said to myself), but surely someone will outbid you". That was a great plan until I turned around and the "auctioneer" informed the group that bidding was now, in fact, over. And I had a new pair of pants.


Um, no. Not those pants. But if anyone needs a father's day, birthday, or any-occasion gift for the Alice Cooper lover in your life, call me. I can get you a great deal.

No comments: