Friday, May 16, 2008

CALL ME TWITCH-MAEL


Well, well, well.... here I am... 12:15am. Can't sleep. Couldn't possibly be the 30 ounces of caffeine laden lattes I had today. I'm normally a strictly decaf girl but May has been so crazy that today I let down my guard and figured what the hey-hey. I was already suffering from a bout of adult onset ADHD (translation: I go bouncing around the store starting one project after another without actually finishing any of them) and since a cup of hi-test usually brings said symptoms on, I naively thought that perhaps it would work in reverse as well.


Not so. Thus, here I sit. Wondering when the kidnappers are going to call demanding a ransom for Ms. Quinn who has been MIA from the Queen Beaches blog now for almost a week (with the exception of her know-it-all little comment about Cynthia Nixon's premiere dress. Do ya always have to be right?). I'm really hoping they don't want my seashells, but if a couple of clams can win KQ's freedom, then so be it.


So here's an AWESOME idea for another Queen Beach event courtesy of friend Elizabeth regarding the upcoming Sex & The City movie (which I am starting to titillate about). It's a Friday night... May 30... 7:10... who's up for it? If you let us know you're in, we can go ahead and start buying tickets which are ALREADY AVAILABLE people! Or, buy your own and meet us there- we'll be the ones in the middle of the front row doing our best imitations of SJP in the early SITC days. You know, everything looks really wrinkled and put-together-in-a-dark-closet but comes off as incredibly chic. (Never worked for me before, but hey, there's a first time for everything.)


Here's the best part... it's a 2 hour and 25 minute show... which means it will let out at 9:35pm leaving PLENTY of time for- you guessed it- MARTINIS somewhere FABulous where we can hold a full-frontal Queen Beach Forum (which we will live blog!) discussing all things related to (or not) this long awaited feature film.
And now to sleep- perchance to dream! (of Birkins, Manolos and Choos, oh my!)


In or Out?
Leave us a comment!
5/30/08. 7:10pm. 27948.
Be there or be so not worthy.

4 comments:

thebeachisback said...

In... but I'll need help. There is nothing in my closet that resembles SJP (a.k.a. manface). I could maybe pull off a Charlotte. Looking forward to it beaches!

Thea said...

I've also been recruiting girls for the show;but we are having dinner first @ The Pearl (the food is beyond fabulous!).We'll try to meet you after... Where? Keep me posted. I can't wait to see it!

thebeachisback said...

Melville and Shakespeare references both in one blog? Aren't we the literary beach!

Flyboy said...

Are the rougher sex invited? Afterall, what is SITC without Big. Yes, I have seen most of the episodes. Most would think that I was forced to watch but I actually thought it was a very smart, funny show. Confusing sometimes (man brain) but often educational. Let me know.