Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm baaaaaaaaack!!

Sorry for having gone AWOL for a little while there -- covert ops, can't really tell you about it or I'd have to kill you -- that kind of thing. I could give you lots of legit excuses for my absence, but I'm guessing you don't really give a shit. I've been thinking about you though. Many, many things to catch up on. A blog back-log if you will:

1) JMe - Oh you're on, beeeeyatch! Bring it!! I'll whip that ass into shape Jillian style. QB bikini boot camp is now in session. We'll set up a schedule and you better be ready to WORK. You can pay me in chocolate. Or martini's, whichever. (We'll post the schedule in case anyone wants to join in on the 'fun', heh heh...)

2) SATC party. I'm in. Game on. Got the perfect chapeau already, just need to dust off the stiletto's. (Sorry Dr. Craig, but sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. It's an outfit!!) And I propose we officially adopt "sex on the beach" (get it? get it?) as our signature cocktail. Any objections?

3) Retail Therapy. I've been hearing a lot of "i'm seriously thinking about it...." No more thinking ladies, time to get off the proverbial pot. It's guaranteed to be a FABulous time. All the money goes to the ally&maddy retail therapy fund -- a charity we started to encourage entrepreneurship, financial independence & self esteem for young women on the Outer Banks. (QB's in training, if you will.) How many times do you have the opportunity to be chauffered in a limo with your favorite girlfriends, free champagne flowing, exclusive deals & steals @ your favorite stores (I hear the party at ally&maddy is going to be GROOVY man!), a killer SWAG bag, AND a gourmet wine tasting dinner, all in the name of charity?? You've all had a busy spring, a busy summer is just around the corner....treat yourselves to a night out just for you!! I'll even throw out an offer to sweeten the pot - if we can get 5-6 more ladies to pony up, I will spring for magnetic signs for the limo -- so that way you can cruise the OBX in your tricked out Expedition limo adorned with the message "Beaches on Board!" (Check out http://www.retailtherapyobx.com/ or call me at 261.4005.)

4) I'll be back later with some musical thoughts for a Friday afternoon. Carry on, beaches. Carry on.

4 comments:

Jamie Layton said...

alright, sargeant, give me some orders for the weekend (keeping in mind I'm going to w'burg)

KQ said...

drop and give me 20!!
(sorry - just practicing for later tonight. heh heh.)
keep a food journal starting immediately!! everything you eat & drink, & what time you ate/drank it. no, i am so not kidding. what's your sched for workouts next week? what days are you avail at 8? i can do early am bodyflow at my house the other days. you know the old saying "be careful what you wish for!!"

Unknown said...

I am still trying to figure out if we have to count wine in our food log? What about the "snacks" we eat while partaking in said wine? Is wine one of the food groups?

Jamie Layton said...

Diva- I too was just as perplexed when trying to log in jelly beans. Finally I realized- beans, vegetable!! I apply the same logic to wine- its from grapes therefore, a fruit! And I am pretty sure I read somewhere that anything taken with wine doesn't count.